16 mei 2009

Grandma McCain about Olbermann and Limbaugh.


Meghan McCain's recent efforts to redefine what it means to be a Republican may not be entirely a Generation Y thing, after all. Last night, her grandmother, 95-year-old Roberta McCain, appeared on NBC's "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and slammed conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh, saying "he does not belong to the Republican Party that I belong to."
Asked who bothered her on the left and right, she cited, without missing a beat, "Olbermann" -- "thank God I'm not around people like him" -- and said that Republican National Committee chair Michael Steele's assessment of Limbaugh as an "entertainer" was "exactly right."
"What he thinks about or represents about the Republican Party has nothing to do with my side of it," McCain said of Limbaugh, to audience applause. "I don't know what the man means. I don't know what he's talking about."

The elder McCain's comments come on the heels of the radio commentator calling for her son and granddaughter to be thrown out of the party.
"A lot of people say, 'Well, Specter, take [Sen. John] McCain with you. And his daughter [Meghan]. Take McCain and his daughter with you if you're gonna..." Limbaugh told listeners on his radio show at the end of last month, after long-time Pennsylvania Sen. Alen Specter defected to the Democrats.
"...It's ultimately good. You're weeding out people who aren't really Republicans," Limbaugh said.

Meghan McCain responded to the taunt by Tweet, writing, "RED TIL I'M DEAD BABY!!! I love the republican party enough to give it constructive criticism, I love my party and sure as hell not leavin!"

Geen opmerkingen: